IMPORTANT NOTE: Assuming that the location of the camera has been set the below instructions are to be followed.
1. Check if the package is complete.
2- Inside the box it should have BulletIP Camera, Screws, installation cd and the Manual. (if it is a wireless Bullet IP camera or a 4G Bullet it should include 2 high gain antenna to be attached on both side)
3. Network cable (UTP Cable Cat 5e) and RJ45 (connectors) used for power and network connection. For Wireless and 4G this will be used for configuration of the IP camera.
4. POE Switch or POE power injector for Wired ONLY.(see Accessories Page for recommended products)
5. DC 12 V power adaptor if POE injector or switch is not available (optional and purchased separately).
6. A ROUTER with an active internet connection.
Hardware Preparation on How To Install IP Camera:
- For How To Install IP Camera, you need to check if the wall or ceiling is safe to drill and to attach the Bullet Camera.
- Consider the length of the network cable and power cable that will run through the ceiling or wall for both network connection and power source.
3. After checking on step 1 and 2 you can proceed with drilling 3 holes for the base of the Bullet camera as seen on the image on the right. You should also consider the wired hole and where it will comfortably fit into the wall or ceiling.
4. Tighten and lock the screws and fix the bracket to where there will be a good view of the surroundings.
5. Adjust the angle of the bullet camera by losing the 3 screws and finding the right viewing angle of the camera. Once found tighten the screws.
6. Once the camera has been attached to the wall or ceiling you need to power it using a POE Switch/POE power injector or a 12V DC power adaptor. (If it’s a wireless Bullet IP camera you will need only 12V DC power adaptor)
7. Connect the cables (network cable/power cable) needed to power up the Bullet camera.
8. For how to install IP Camera you will hear a clicking sound when the Bullet camera has power already. You will also notice that the IR lights surrounding the lens will light up.
9. Re-adjust the lens position and angle according to your desired view.
Hardware Preparation on How To Install IP Camera:
1. You need a Windows based computer with Windows 7 or above to install the software.
2. Download Camera Setup from PowerCCTVs.com Software Download Center http://www.powercctvs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/Cam_Setup_1-1-8-2.zip
3. Unzip it and install Camera Setup.
4. Once installed open it by clicking on the icon on the desktop.
How To Install IP Camera Opening Camera Setup
1. Once Camera Setup is open you will see below screen.
2. If the bullet IP camera has been powered up and connected to the router. The Bullet IP camera will be detected and can be seen on the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the Config radio button seen at the upper right portion of the Camsetup.
4. A system pop up will now appear asking to switch to manual configuration? Click on OK
5. Now Double click on the camera that has been detected. If multiple cameras are installed to your router select the name the newly installed IP camera for configuration.
6. Camsetup will now show the Bullet IP Camera view with the date (default) and name of the camera (default).
7. Below the screen it has useful information and details of the camera like the Camera Name, Device SN, IP address, Video Details and Firmware edition.
8. At the right side you can see all the options you can set for the cameras like Network, System, Video, PTZ (for PTZ cameras only), Camera, Mini DVR, Download and Playback
9. Look at the right side portion and look for network type and click on the dropdown button and select “Obtain an IP automatically”
10. Once set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” it will get an IP from the router. This IP address will now reflect to the camera details once saved. This will be shown at the lower left side of the Camsetup screen. A green check mark will also be seen on the right part of the screen and will tell IP configuration succeeded.
11. Set up the Camera Time by clicking on the Clock Settings button. A system popup will now appear and you have to click on the Synchronized to the NTP if unchecked and select the NTP server to be used (Select NA NTP server in you are in the USA) Click on the tick box of “Enable DST” and select Mode 1 and select make adjustments on when will DST start and end.
12. NOW click on “SYSTEM” tab and you will see the following options. Change “Don’t connect to server” to “Connect to Server”
14. On how to install IP Camera, if “Display time on video” is unchecked put a check on the tick box. This will make the images and video display the time on the screen.
15. Check if the firmware version is the latest one. As of this writing the new firmware is version 0.2.83. If in case there is a new firmware available the firmware version will show red color and blinking, to remind users to upgrade. Upgrading is easy you just have to click on update firmware.
16. Next is configure the SD Card. Go to Mini DVR and click on Config SD. There will be options appearing on the screen.Click on Delete SD files to delete and the file that maybe on the sd card. Once deleted click on Start Recording and select Bootup recording, Normal Recording and Overwrite. Hit save once done.
NOTE: You can check if there is an SD card included on your IP camera by clicking on the SD Card Status. If the SD card Status pop up the IP camera has an SD card if not you need to buy and insert it on the IP camera.
How To Install IP Camera
17. You can check if the Dome camera is recording when you can see the blinking red camera on the camera list.
18. After setting up SD card recordings check if the Bullet IP camera is connected to the server. Click on Update button and select Server1 and Click on OK button to connect it to the server. You can easily check if it’s connected when you see a green light which says Connected to the Server.
NOTE: Appropriate server must be selected to make the IP camera work.
19. Once the server is connected click on new account button located at the lower left part of the screen.
20. When clicked you will be opening a browser windows going to the registration website. Make sure it goes to the http://cloud.ccgn.net/web/register.php?langid=0x9 if not just click on the link to register you IP camera.
How to install IP Camera
Fill out the information needed
How to install IP Camera Device ID: This can be found in the Camsetup below the viewing screen screenshot below. Click COPY button and then paste it to the Device ID found in the registration page.
Username: This can be assigned and will be permanent. CHANGES is not possible. ID may consist of a-z, 0-9 and underscores, and must be less than 20 characters.
Passwords should be alphanumeric so that it won’t be prone to hacking.
Re-type password: retype password
Security question: Put a hint or security question in case you forget your password, you can get
Your answer: Answer to the security question
Email: The email address who will receive this password in case you forget.
Send product modification info: This can be answered by YES or NO
22. Once logged in you can access your installed Bullet IP camera and view it on the cloud as seen on the example below.
How To Install IP Camera
Note on Wifi Bullet IP Camera:
On How To Install IP Camera. There are additional steps to follow if your IP camera is a Wifi Bullet IP camera. Youneed togo to Network and then select Wireless and choose Wireless settings button. A pop-up window will now appear for you to select the best WIFI SSID available. You can also do Survey to check all seen SSID and their respective signal quality. Once you have key-in the passkey click saved and wait for to connect. You know that it’s connected once you can see it above pop-up windowwhich has an SSID, Link Speed and Link quality. Hit SAVE button to save the settings you have placed.
Note on 4G Bullet IP Camera:
There are additional steps to follow if your IP camera is a 4G Bullet IP camera. Youneed togo to Network and then select 4G and you will see the options that you can configure. You should fill this out correctly in order to connect to the 4G wireless network. APN is different on every cellular network so this information may come from the Cellular Company. Hit save once your done with the settings.